We're asking for contributions to cover the cost of hiring a freelance journalist in West Palm Beach Florida to cover the Dunbar Village Trial for WAOD readers. You can donate by using the Chip-in Widget in the sidebar. You can embed the widget on your own blog or website. Jury selection is slated to begin tomorrow in the first trial in the Dunbar Village case. We've been covering the Dunbar Village case on this blog for over two years. Did you ever think it would take 2 YEARS for this case to go to trial? A couple of months ago several readers indicated that they would be interested in having a reporter cover the trial specifically for the WAOD audience. We're still hammering out the agreement, but plans are to have an award winning journalist with 20 years of experience cover the trial and other prospective from the community. This reporter is from the West Palm Beach area. Barring any last minute breakdown, WAOD plans to have a reporter in the courtroom during the trial as well as out in the West Palm Beach community to attempt to answer some of out outstanding issues related to the case such as:
- Where are the other 6 suspects?
How on earth did Laruel Robinson, Executive Director fo the WPB Housing Authority keep her job?
Why did residents listen to the victims scream and not call the authorities?
Where were the suspects parents, while they were out running around at 11:00 at night?
- Al Sharpton Wants Rapists and Torturers Roaming Your Neighborhood—NAACP and Sharpton Get Into It at Press Conference
- NAACP National Office Responds to the Dunbar Village Email Accountability Campaign
- Chicago Tribune Covers NAACP & AL Sharpton Joint Dunbar Village Press Conference and the Email Accountability Campaign-UPDATE: Larger NAACP Role???
- Open Letter Regarding NAACP, SHarpton, and Dunbar Village Atrocity