"When Relinquishing Your Womb Goes Wrong":Nojma Muhammad And Why Everyone Shouldn't Have Access to a Thesaurus
This is my first post of 2012 and as I promised on the Facebook Fan Page, I'm leaving the snark behind in 2012. Therefore anytime i say something that someone might possibly interpret as snarkilicious, I will place a *respectful giggle* tag nearby so we all know that I wasn't being snarky in a global sense. Make sense? Okay great!
How oh how did I manage to miss last year's sensation, "An Open Letter of Apology to Black Men in Hopes of Reconciliation" by Nojma Muhammad?
Can't see the video, no worries, I'm reposting the entire open letter below. I'm reprinting the entire letter instead of an excerpt because I'm assuming that she wants as many thirsty single men as possible to see her advertisement for a relinquished womb. No, "relinquishing" the "womb" are her words, not my own. The original letter posted over at ThyBlackMan.com. Thy Black Man must be a serious publication because Dr. Boyce Watkins is involved *respectfulgiggle* Alrighty and now for the "Open Letter":
I have become a woman that you no longer recognize. I have allowed our enemy to impregnate me with his ideas and thoughts. I have allowed an illusion of independence to keep us separated. I have fooled myself into believing that my degrees places me degrees above you.
I humbly come to you asking forgiveness. I come to you asking you to forgive me for not supporting you. I come to you asking you to forgive me for not truly loving you. I was taught to hate myself, then hate you. My desire to reproduce you was killed by our enemy. I apologize for teaching my daughters that you will fail them, and continuning the cycle of an illusion of indepedence with them. I apologize for not encouraging you, for not being more patient with you, for not understanding your plight, your trials and your tribulations.
I apologize for thinking in order to gain strength I had to weaken you. I apologize for disturbing your peace, in order to have peace within myself, or what I thought was peace. My life has been in peril without you. I tried to convince myself that I don’t need you, but you are a necessity. I can’t even continue the cycle of life without you. I apologize for my harsh tone, for using my tongue as a sword, for telling you that you are nothing, when in fact you are everything.
I apologize for mistreating you, disrespecting you, neglecting you and belittling you. I know that I have aided in breaking you, and I am beneficial in rebuilding you. I am acknowleding the wrongs that I have committed against you,and I am confessing my faults. By acknowledging my wrongs, doesn’t mean I am absolving you of your duty, but rather I am re-committing myself to my duty to you.
I have relinquished my womb from our enemy and I am returning it to it’s rightful owner; you.
I tried to walk this journey of life without you, but I realized that I should be walking this journey with you, and beside you.I pray that you accept my sincere apology, and that we can start the process of reconciliation, so we can love each other and have productive and successful relationships that will set the standard for our children.
Black Man……….I love you…..
A Black Woman who concedes that her womb was one of many…….
- First, you CAN'T "relinquish" FROM. You can only relinquish TO. So I don't know what form of womb relinquishment she's practicing, but I'm pretty sure this is not physically possible for a number of reasons. This is just the improper procedure for womb relinquishment. Even if its metaphysical womb relinquishment. 'understandwhatimsaying?
- Who wants a random apology? No seriously. If you really want to hear an apology do you want some scattershot long and rambling apology about generalized grievances? You want some impersonal apology of dubious origin?
- Who wants to reconcile with random men who you claim are broken? I don't need to "reconcile" with random Black men. I didn't do anything to them! ThankYouVeryMuch!
- This is patronizing to Black men. Nojma clearly thinks Black men are "less than" and she's "greater than." I hold the radical belief that WE'RE EQUAL. Only the most pathetic men on planet Earth want to be with women who think that men are helpless. The men she described in this open letter are pathetic by her own description. They have absolutely no responsibility for their own destiny. No self determination. The men she's describes just wander around like children with no free will. What man wants to be treated as if he's incapable of doing anything?
- Black WOMEN are the ones that have been trashed bashed and defamed for profit and power by Black men. if anybody is going to be getting an apology, it should be US!
As I stated, this is clearly a desperate woman who wants a man, any man, to pay her a bit of attention and I say the sooner the better before she gets it into her head to write a book or something about improper womb relinquishment and we end up with a generation of Black girls relinquishing their wombs.
Young Black girls, your womb is not relinquishable. Remember that!
Stay in school kids and pay attention in English class when they start talking about prepositions. Those prepositions may be tiny... but they are POWERFUL!